Clarks' Cafe Spinach & Feta Muffins (the gluten free version)
500g flour (gluten free if necessary)
2 Tbspn baking powder
a good pinch of nutmeg
a good pinch of salt
2 cups milk
1 cup cooked pureed spinach
1 cup finely diced feta cheese
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt into a large bowl.
2. In another bowl mix the egg, oil, milk, spinach and feta cheese.
3. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid ingredients. Blend carefully with a perforated spoon - if you overbeat muffins, they peak like little Mt Everests!
4. Spoon the mixture evenly into well-greased muffin tins and decorate with an olive on top (optional - they also taste good if you add some sliced olives to the mixture!)
5. Bake at 200 c for about 15 minutes, until the muffins are golden.
Serve warm with coffee and a good book.