Thursday, December 12, 2019

Thursday throwback: to the very beginning

With one day to go until I'm off work for the year, and a super-busy day trying to get as much through as I can before then, on the way home this afternoon I was pondering my blogging options when I'm completely exhausted.

And I realised that it's Thursday: so I can completely justify a throwback post (Huzzah!).

Even better, when searching for this post to throw back to, I also noticed that I don't seem to have shared any photos of the completed room boxes except for the bathroom (which has since been shared far and wide).

Let's remedy that then*, shall we?

There were (are) two room boxes: which, when put together make up the apartment. On the left is the bedroom/ bathroom module.

The bedroom is so very 80s, with black painted window frames (I did the same to the bathroom of my flat in the very late 80s/ early 90s) and black venetian blinds. The carpet is red (?!) and I was very proud of the cat (which I'd recently made as a mini-club project) and the rug I'd stitched.
1/12 scale modern miniature bedroom scene with black and white spotty doona cover and pillowcases, black venetian blinds at the window, red carpet and a stiched rug depictig a naked woman. Above the bed is a poster of a couple riding a scooter, and next to the bed a black chest of drawers holding a lamp with a fake nose and glasses hooked to the shade.
(I'm giggling as I realise that, 30 years later, I have a white and black spotted doona cover, and several pairs of black and white spotted pyjamas: some tastes don't seem to have changed...)

On the other side of the room is a wardrobe door with a robe hanging from it, and a small table and director's chair with a notice board on the wall above. And a portable TV (remember those?) pointing towards the bed.
1/12 scale modern miniature bedroom scene with a black and white 'moo' dressing gown hanging from a black wardrobe door . In the background is a white director's chair at a desk, with a portable TV on the desk pointing towards the bed.
And, for this room box I had my first try at miniature knitting:
1/12 scale black and white striped jumper on a bed with a cat asleep in the background and a teddy bear propped up against the pillows.
(*But not completely as. after a year here, I still haven't managed to get my printer and laptop talking to each other, so I don't have any electronic photos of the lounge/ kitchen area: and aren't about to start taking photos of my printed photos to load. Not just yet, anyway...)

No comments :