Monday, December 06, 2021

A week start

It was an early morning, and a long day, including a 2-hour meeting starting around the time I'd usually be logging off, especially as I'm now officially on summer-but-not-on-leave time. :-(

Because I woke up at sparrow's fart and couldn't get back to sleep, I got up at 5am and spent an hour before my day officially started reacquainting myself with the contents of my stash, and pulling out bits and pieces that might work with the pictures I pulled out yesterday (and some stuff for a couple of other ideas I've had).

Then I returned to bed with my morning mug of tea and my phone, and found a message from Call of the Small, with a link to a new Australian miniatures show*, due to air on ABC early next year:

(How on earth did I not know about this, while someone on the other side of the world did? But speaking of miniatures and the other side of the world, there's currently  another miniature-related TV show in production in Canada...)

So in terms of making progress back here, I did whitewash the coffee-stirrer frames at lunchtime, and pulled together an inspiration board for the next miniature beachside getaway:

Flat lay of one-twelfth scale modern miniatures with a bleached beach house theme.
But I'm thinking I need another layer of white, and less wash...

(*For my Australian readers, you may be delighted to recognise Jimmy Rees, of Meanwhile in Australia fame. Or was I the only one trying to stay sane over the past 2 years by cackling with laughter at his regular updates?)

1 comment :

Teacher Joyce in AU said...

i hope i can start doing my hand craft this weekend!!!