1. I've been working full time and it's been exhausting.
2. I was sick (for three days, but still...)3. I've volunteered as an Unorganiser for this year's Unconference Canberra, which has been sucking up my spare time.
4. I had to get the February issue of The tiny Times finished before I could do anything else.
5. And once I had, the last thing I wanted to look at was anything miniature-related.
6. I've been helping a friend pack for an inter-state shift.
7. I've been having fun being social with some of the money I'm earning.
8. I was waiting to hear back about what was happening with Bette Noir.
9. It's been too hot in the evenings to do anything other than collapse in a puddle of sweat.
10. My studio is such a disaster zone there's not been room to work on anything, even if I felt the urge.
But this weekend I've run out of excuses. And I have the time to sort out my flat (including finding my desk).
Which means I finally photographed the package from Catherine that turned up a couple of weeks ago and has been patiently waiting for my attention ever since.
Catherine had kindly offered to send me some fabric that she thought I'd like, but managed to sneak a few little extras into the packageincluding a matchbox full of miniature (non-working) Christmas lights,
and another full of glasses (or vases).
There was also a bag of treasures, including two tissue boxes that I believe Catherine made herself.
Plus, of course, the fabric that she had originally offered me (and a lot of extra pieces that somehow snuck into the package...)Thank you, Catherine. I'm really hoping that I can carve out some time (and inspiration) to return to mini-making by the end of the month.