Saturday, July 21, 2018

Little by little

I feel like I've opened a Pandora's box of photos and stories that I meant to blog, but...

As the panic started to rise around the fact I was blogging X, which happened after Y, I stopped, took a deep breath and decided I'd blog things as they came to the top of the list, whether or not they made chronological sense (to me, at least).

First up, I'd like to dedicate a whole blog post to the pictures I took of Div William's 1/48 scale model of Rose Seidler house:

1/48-scale mid-century modern house in white with accents of bright colour.
I left the edge of the lazy susan it sat on in the image below, so you can see just how small and perfectly-formed the model is...
External view of a 1/48th scale model of a mid-century modern house. with a yellow car parked underneath, and a ramp up the right-hand side. The model is on a turntable, with a black cloth behind.
or, if you prefer, here's my hand for scale:
Interior of a 1/48-scale mid-century modern house lounge with a hand about to pick up a brown chair.
Interior of a 1/48-scale mid-century modern house lounge with brown chairs and sofa, and a black credenza.
Once again, she's got the details just right.
Interior of a 1/48-scale mid-century modern house dining room and lounge with a stone fireplace between.
Interior of a 1/48-scale mid-century modern house dining room and lounge with a stone fireplace between and stone-edged stairs leading downwards.
Interior of a 1/48-scale mid-century modern house playroom and study corner, with stone-edged stairs leading downwards.
(Although it seems I neglected to take a photo of the mural on the patio wall).
Exterior of a 1/48-scale mid-century modern house, with a patio and a ramp leading downwards.View through the window of a 1/48-scale mid-century modern house, showing a bedroom in white with accents of bright colour. Underneath are patches of concrete, gravel and grass and to the right is a ramp leading upwards from the garden.
View through the window of a 1/48-scale mid-century modern house, showing a bedroom in white with accents of bright colour.
View through the window of a 1/48-scale mid-century modern house, showing a studio in white with accents of orange and brown.

No comments :