Friday, June 18, 2021

Good news (but fingers still crossed)

 Soon after I posted about the Doll House: Miniature worlds of wonder exhibition at Como house, Melbourne went into another lockdown, all National Trust Victoria sites were closed, and the opening was pushed back to 11 June.

 Then (not unexpectedly), lockdown was extended.

So since then there has been some uncertainty about when it might actually open (and, in my pessimistic optimist brain, if it would open at all).

But today on Instagram they announced a new opening date in the best possible way (in my opinion, at least!):

Instagram post with an image of a  miniature one-twelfth scale living room overlooking the sea and the announcement that the Doll house: Miniature world of wonder exhibition is opening on 22 JUne.
So we have a new date: 22 June.

And I have a conundrum: do I risk booking tickets to venture down for the preview and opening, and risk getting stuck, or do I hold off for a few weeks to get a lay of the land?

We'll see.

Also: I believe they're exhibiting some of my photos in quite large dimensions, but I'm in the odd position to have no idea at this stage which ones they've chosen: so, on one hand it's a bit of a dream come true for me, while on the other I feel like a kid before Christmas with no idea what I'm going to get...

COVID times, hey?

No comments :