Sunday, April 01, 2012

White and bright

I finished the third coat on my white floorboards this morning and brought the piece upstairs just after I shot the ROUND HOLE squared gallery scene.

I was reading my blog feeds over lunch and
Ellen Giggenbach's blog inspired me to try something I've never tried with a scene before. A riot of bright Scandinavian retro-style colours:
I even came up with a backstory involving a designer who works and lives in a tiny studio apartment who has invited three friends round for a celebratory lunch.This scene took forever to complete. Not only was I racing round the house trying to gather all the relevant pieces from various other houses, but filling the shelving unit was incredibly fiddly. Just as I thought I had everything safely arranged something would fall over, fall out, or just decide it wanted to be moved to another spot.
I liked the end result so much I just had to pull the blind and try some "night" shots:
(Rug thanks to Neomig, Kaleidoscope House crockery and glasses thanks to Mini Dork)

12 comments :

Vanessa said...

It looks fabulous! I love the mix of colors. I think this is my favorite that I've seen of yours.

Mad For Mod said...

I love all the colors. The tiny vespas and tiny chair on the shelves are so cute! Nice job!

Mini Dork said...

Holy smokes, you are on a roll. Yay, you found your books!! The shelves look fantastic. All of the boxes look great, I love how you styled everything. The primary colors really pop and I love the birds on the wall. So cute!! ❤ it!!!

AMCSviatko said...

Ah, yes. The books...

I found them in the Stockholm swimming pool from where I was making a scene in the house. :-}

Neen said...

I would definitely live there. . . reading the Bauhaus book, with the lucky cat looking out for me! Did you make those books? And, please tell me where you got that tiny lucky cat?

AMCSviatko said...

Hi Neen: The cat came from the last Canberra mini show. I think it's a pretty standard piece: I got mine from The Doll House's stall: http://www.thedollhouse.com.au/

Pepper said...

This is a great scene. Wonderful use of colour.

Di said...

A triumph!

codigo descuento said...

Its all thing look too beautiful, colourful and amazing. You have done great job. Its so cute.

Kyle Lefort said...

I like how you took all that stuff and all that color and pulled it together into this really cool scene.

Hey there's a neat looking ball on the top of the shelving unit. Is that just a weird marble or is it a mini of some sort?

AMCSviatko said...

Hi Kyle

It's a bead someone gave me a couple of years ago that they thought I could use...

Michelle said...

I love that there's a backstory!