Saturday, June 01, 2013

A grand day out

I was very happy to discover my birthday trip to Sydney coincided with the last weekend of the Wallace and Gromit exhibition at The Powerhouse Museum. And, as a member, I got in for free...
 Entry to the exhibition was through a replica of the front of their house.
I was going to say 'full sized' but then  realised this is actually an over-sized replica of the original and, once I started thinking more along that path, my brain started to hurt...

 Here's the first set from the films from the outside:
And the inside...
(I'm ignoring all the non-miniature parts of the exhibition, by the way!)

The next set was the dining room:
(Here's the lovely Miggs admiring it...)
The restaurant from A matter of Loaf and Death:
 Gromit in the TV studio control room:
( and a close-up of the control desk.)
 The kitchen:
 (with a 'Smug' fridge!)
 (And an excited me...)
Finally, there were some garden sets:
I hope you enjoyed joining me for a miniature tour of the exhibition...

6 comments :

Rebecca said...

Really lovely, thank you, I enjoyed it greatly! Some consolation for not having been myself :)

Pepper said...

Really cool to be able to visit and see the sets. Hope you had a great Birthday!

Sarah said...

I saw some sets for these films at an exhibition in Leicester. They are amazing aren't they? They were different ones to these so it was good to see your pictures of them thanks!

Foreign Shopper said...

Nice

Norma Bennett said...

Oh gosh darn it!! I didn't know this was on - I love Wallace and Gromit.

Hee hee - the fridge brand is so funny :)

DollMum said...

We saw all these sets when they had a W & G exhibition in the Science museum in London 3 years ago, they are brilliant aren't they.