Saturday, June 08, 2013

Kaet's Place

Isn't it interesting where mini inspiration comes from?
This afternoon's scene started with a black and white houndstooth tea towel that a work friend gave me last week to add to my black and white tea towel collection, which I thought would make a striking miniature carpet.

Rummaging through my stash of not-yet-used items, I came across a very old set of Mickey Mouse calendar pages I'd chucked in there ages ago. Which were nestled up against some cheap magnets I'd picked up in Kmart last month.

And suddenly I thought 'I'll do a room inspired by my friend!'. Kaet likes Mickey Mouse, houndstooth, red, and travelling.
Also on my radar was the fact this weekend is Shop Handmade's Handmade Market and episodes of Kirstie's Vintage Home that I've been watching recently.

Throw it all together and what do you get? A collaborative crafting space, newly opened, (which explains the empty shelves and lack of cushions and stuff much better than 'I was inspired so late in the afternoon I had to stop and take photos before I lost the light'!) which will host a range of crafternoons and classes.
The palette is red and black and there are travel souvenirs dotted here and there.
 (And there's a possibility the tea towel which started it all will never make it to the tea towel cupboard. Perhaps I need to buy a spare?)

4 comments :

Unknown said...

Ooh - I love it, thank you. We actually have some houndstooth rugs that another friend gave us.

Mad For Mod said...

It's awesome. I'm glad to see that you were able to get some of the CB2 chairs! I love the huge work area.

Unknown said...

Wauw thats amazing

Hannah said...

I love the carpet! And overall a great scene! Hannah