Monday, March 18, 2024

Feeling like I'm at a crossroads

 R Jones commented on my last post, which included an update to the dark academia trial scene with the addition of the writing desk, some moving of things around, and the addition of more books, saying that they thought it looked fantastic, to which I replied that I thought it was veering into 'crazy old professor' a bit far but a) isn't that what dark academia is based on and b) does it matter if it does?

Which gave me pause for thought.

The lovely thing about creating scenes, not the more-static dolls' house room, in the ability to (as is common to say these days, and which grates on my nerves every time I hear it: so you've been warned to jump to the next paragraph if you feel similar) pivot very easily.

Because yesterday's additions and rearrangement

One-twelfth scale modern miniature dark academia study with a writing desk, potted plant, 2-drawer filing cabinet and side tables piled with books.
is unexpectedly heading in a new and interesting direction to my initial intention
One-twelfth scale modern miniature dark lounge or study with a mid-century modern dresser, Eames lounge chair and ottoman, potted plant and turkish rug.
(which now I'm focusing on it, is actually giving me more 60s bachelor vibes than dark academia).

So I need to take some time to decide if my intention is to highlight the dresser I put together, or just follow the path that unwinds before me.

Or, just to add to the confusion, decide that this is the new yellow table challenge (at which stage I realise I never tagged those posts as such so can't link to them. Yet.) and do all 3.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

That’s a real dilemma here - both are lovely, follow your creative flow ! I would love to see both go further… And not so sure that you somehow lost your color vision for fabrics - the black/beige seems fitting to the rug (at least on my screen ;) ) Mini ElleAime

AMCSviatko said...

Thanks MiniElleAime, I might just do something more with that fabric in the scene. But I think the blue is definitely a no-go for this one :-)