Friday, March 15, 2024

It's showtime

I spent this evening helping set up for this year's ACT Miniature Enthusiasts show, which is on tomorrow

Community hall with tables lined up around it.
and, since many hands make light work and I'd got a lift over with a friend who was still finishing her task, was able to catch up with people I've not seen in years (it's been 5 years since I've been to a show!), and have an early sneaky peek at the stalls that had set up this evening.

I know I don't need anything, but had set aside a small budget in case something caught my eye (or my heart), and I ended up coming home with a few random bits and bobs: apologies in advance for the bad lighting, but I wanted to blog then tonight as I suspect I'll be a bit buggered by tomorrow night.

First up was a box of old lights which I picked up because I'd like to include more lighting in my scenes and 2 of these looked like they'd work well:
3 one-twelfth scale modern miniature lights in a berry box.
Next I snapped up this Xyron 150, because refills cartridges are currently at least $25 including postage, making this a steal at $5.
Xyron 150 sticker maker in its packaging.

(Don't know what a Xyron is? Here's a post I did on them almost 10 (gulp!) years ago)

The final purchase took 3 visits to the stall to decide on.

New Zealand friends will know that I've been pretty obsessed with writing desks recently, so when I saw this bundle I initially discounted my attraction to it as my full-sized obsession getting confused.

But there was something about it that drew me back. And back. And finally I decided that perhaps it was the perfect fit for the dark academia scene I need to get back to.
One-twelfth scale modern miniature writing desk, pot cupboard and tea trolley.

One-twelfth scale modern miniature writing desk with the leaf open
I was intrigued when the seller said it came from a dolls' house she'd bought from someone downsizing, and that the furniture was from the 30s or so. Even more so when I noticed the 'foreign' stamp on the back of it when I got it home, which suggests it may have been made in Germany and imported into Britain for sale just after the first world war.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I love that writing desk! It'll be a great fit for the dark academia theme - Heather

AMCSviatko said...

Thanks Heather: I may have bought the rest of that set of furniture that the stallholder had today: but that's a post for the morning after I've recovered slightly...