I thought you might enjoy seeing some of my photos of random miniature-related sightings around Melbourne:
1. A scale model of an opal mine, in the window of a shop just down from where I was staying.
2. A dolls house I spotted in the Ralph Lauren children's clothes department of David Jones, spotted as I was heading for the loo.
3. In the NGV International's gift shop, porcelain stacking tableware by Allessandro Zambelli for Seletti.
4. Also in the gift shop (My collection development policy told me I had to buy a copy of this book).
5. On display at the NGV International: 'In praise of dialectics' by Renee Magritte,
6. Miniature tea service (1795) by Caughley Porcelain Manufacture,
7. and Rustic cottage (1745) Meissen Porcelain Factory.
8. Finally, a friend took me for a walk along St Kilda seafront where there is a series of scale models of the planets of the solar system, set out at the correct (scale) distance from each other. Here's my friend trying to eat Earth:
and admiring the scale model of the sun.