Friday, March 24, 2017

Viva la miniature show!

This afternoon it was all systems go setting up the displays and stalls for tomorrow's ACTME Miniature Fair and Dollhouse Show. And catching up with mini friends from near and far.
Man putting up a fabric banner for the ACT Miniature & Dollhouse Show on a stage in a community hall. Boxes and bags and unpacked miniatures lie on the stage and table in front of it.
Plus the best bit: getting a sneak peek at what's going to be for sale on the stalls
Vintage dolls' house front door and window with green gingham curtain.
and what's included in the displays...
One-twelfth scale miniature french cafe scene with diners outdoors under umbrellas.
The theme for this year's show is 'Viva la France' and I was taken by the cafe scene above, which uses a french-cafe-themed plate as a background to an outdoor cafe scene set up on a tea tray. (I was informed that the waiter is Manuel from Fawlty Towers.Which I find a little confusing. Did he moved to France?)

I put this flat lay together in honour of the show's theme:
One-twelfth scale modern miniature fluffy rugs, knitted pouffes and accessories in the colours red, white and blue.
(Unable to get to the show tomorrow and keen on getting your mitts on some of my clearance stock? Contact me (see left-hand column) and I'm sure we can work something out...)

No comments :