Friday, December 03, 2021

Tippity tap

 A day off work to mark my homeversary (3 years!) should have meant lots of time to work on minis.

But alas I had a pile of life admin that needed to be sorted (and a nap that needed to be had) so I didn't get quite as far as I'd hoped. (On a positive note, Miss Daisy's boot is empty of stuff to go to the Lifeline Bookfair warehouse and the op shop for the first time in months, and I have lovely sharp knives...)

What I did manage was to cut an actual window in the bathroom wall:

One-twelfth scale modern miniature bathroom under renovation with a black bath under a window in a green marble wall, looking into a courtyard garden. In the foreground a hand holds a black miniature tap.
(the frame was a picture frame from the, alas now closed, Typo factory outlet), and start some test decoration of the courtyard area outside.
One-twelfth scale modern dolls' house miniature courtyard with a concrete wall and bonsai trees in pots in front of it, and shown through a window.
And then I painted the sink tap (the bath one is downstairs drying after a coat of black spray paint: I figured they'd match better if they had the same base colour...).
One-twelfth scale modern miniature tap, painted copper, with the jar of paint and a paintbrush next to it.
I'm not sure I like the copper, and may end up repainting it in a rusted brown instead.

No comments :