I was feeling so confident yesterday. Smug, even.
I'd found a large photo of the completed Chrsynbon sewing machine online and enlarged it enough to understand how all the pieces fit together. I did a dry run.
And then started gluing. Which is when I began to have doubts. Because the spots where things glue together are very very small. and many things need to be at different angles to many other things. Not to mention things that seem to need to be able to move freely.
I took a deep breath. And glued one end to the middle piece. Used a couple of blobs of blu-tac to hold the two pieces at 90 degrees to each other while they dried.
Then, before I went to bed I glued the other end piece on. 'Pah!' I thought. 'This is going to be easy-peasy'. And I drifted off to sleep planning the scene I'd make today with my completed table.
This morning it all turned to custard. I picked up the structure to start adding the treadle and the wheel. And the whole thing fell apart:
(There was almost a Saturday scene of a whole different sort...)