I feel like I'm making good progress on my HBS Creatin' Contest build.
Then I realised I was out of undercoat: so it was off to Masters to buy some. I also picked up some better masking tape than I have, a large tube of wood filler and a few of their free wallpaper and vinyl flooring samples.
After much thought, I decided to go with option C (undercoat and paint the external sides of both pieces, then glue together) as I figured there'd be less room for painting stuff ups that way.
After two coats of undercoat, I'm delighted to find I can hardly see the marks where I filled in the side windows (and I'm hoping they'll be even less obvious with a top coat. And a shelving unit hung over the top.)
I Frogtaped the windows and the second sliding doors (the first one arrived in pieces: I need to work out which bit goes where before I start painting it)
and then decided to throw caution to the wind and spray paint them rather than use a brush.
(Let's hope I don't live to regret that decision!)
Finally, I painted the rear-wall weatherboarding with topcoat. I'm impatient to see how it looks with the white windows...