Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fiscal Fast Day Eleven: Tim Tams, jelly frogs, a lovely meal and a new hankie for the collection (and me feeling too crap to appreciate any of it...)

It was a good day yesterday. It would have been a better day if I'd been well enough to appreciate it...

I went to work where I discovered an office full of sneezing and coughing ie: people just like me. It's nice to feel part of the team, isn't it? Actually, I've hatched a new theory: starting work in an office is like starting childcare. You'll spend the first three months catching everything that your kind colleagues share with you.

Things weren't all bad though. I got to eat Tim Tams and Iced Vovos from the biscuit jar and jelly frogs from the lolly bowl. Ah, sweets, I've missed you so. Homemade toffee just isn't the same, is it?

After work I went to Taph's for dinner. And what a dinner it was - but alas I was fading fast and probably didn't appreciate it as much as I could have. Sorrry Taph, but thanks for the hankie to add to the collection:I was out of clean ones...

Day Eleven:


Breakfast: Tea. Date oat temptations and milk.

Morning Tea: Apple, crackers and cheese.

Lunch: From the freezer: Smoked salmon, broccoli, red pepper and blue brie penne. Tim Tam and Iced Vovo (not from the freezer!)

Afternoon tea: Anzac biscuits.

Dinner (out): Wine. Silverbeet wrapped salmon steaks with olive, caper and lemon sauce. Zucchini, broccoli, carrots and beans. Cake and icecream.

Finished today:
* Anzac biscuits.

Total spent since June 1: $55.68.

1 comment :

Janet McKinney said...

Hello there - I am sorry you are down with a cold. Good news though - I have made you 6 black and white hankies to add to the pile. I will try and get over later today with them for you - and collect a couple of things I left behind.

The Anzacs lasted you longer than they ever do at my place!!

Janet McKinney