Friday, June 27, 2008

Fiscal Fast Day Twenty Six: with a big cheesy grin

As promised, a photo of my belated birthday gifty from Taph (although I did try and tell her that since she brings me gifts all the time maybe a suitable way to mark my birthday was to NOT give me anything. But did she listen? Of course not, thank goodness!):It's a custom made pear from Olivia. In just the right colours to go with the rest of the pear collection (and the rest of the lounge in general). Loving it. So much I almost wanted to take it to bed (in the three-year-old-I-have-new-shoes-which-I-can't-bear-to-be-apart-from way just in case you're confused...)

And what goes better with pears than cheese (OK, maybe ginger but that wouldn't help my segue at all would it?). I bought cheese yesterday. I felt like I was cheating just a little bit by buying it but making sure it was Australian organic made me feel better (as did having it grated on dinner!) Plus I used it to make the gluten free cheese scones for Lunch Club today, which I'll be serving with freshly made tomato soup. Feeling less guilty by the minute...

Day Twenty Six:

Breakfast: Tea. Porridge with sultanas, wheatgerm, golden syrup and milk.

Morning Tea: Water crackers and chargrilled veges.

Lunch: Mushroom olive omelette. Bread and tahini.

Afternoon tea: Caramel corn.

Dinner: Penne pasta with pasta sauce, tuna frozen spinach (reheated, obviously) and grated cheese. Ginger biscuits

Finished today:
* Mushrooms (replaced in the afternoon)
* Eggs (ditto)
* Butter (yep, that too)
* Pasta sauce (it's been in the freezer for ages and will be replaced next time fresh pasta is on low enough special to make it worth buying and freezing)

Bought today:
* Butter: $1.46
* Cheese (organic): $5.48
* Eggs: $2.50
* Lemons, potatoes, apples, parsley, onions, red pepper, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, and a very large mushroom: $14.90.

Total spent since June 1: $152.91 (plus $116.84 on a dolls house)

3 comments :

m1k1 said...

all going pear-shaped is no bad thing, no sirree.
excellent frugalling
i am having a furgal month which is the opposite (and involves not fur but wooly substances)
i have misused the phrase furgalling elsewhere, because i was being silly, and have now realised it is a proper word in its own right imho.

Cherry ・ チェリー ・ 체리  said...

Cheese is good :D
Btw, you put the idea of getting a tattoo in my head without meaning too lol, so i said that in my blog. But yeh Im really excited about it. Remember when i was thinking about giving my number to a boy? Yeh when i said you wouldnt agree and you were guessing you guessed tattoo and Ive been thinking about it since haha

Olivia said...

Hey I know that pear! Glad it worked out and fits the collection.