Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fiscal Fast Day Nineteen: I need(ed) a house



I just discovered this video (sorry about the lack of sync with the picture and soundtrack - if it's driving you nuts go watch a better version
here which has embedding disabled) Anyone know of any other music videos which use dolls house furniture?

So yes. I bought a house. Lucky number thirteen. It's a Tomy Smaller Homes from the 70s and looks like this:
It should be here in about two weeks but I won't count my chickens.

Moving right along...

Day Nineteen:

Breakfast: Tea. The last crumpets, toasted, with butter and honey,

Morning Tea: Water crackers and the last of the tzatsiki.

Lunch: Foraged in the freezer and found leek and potato casserole.

Dinner: (with S The Sock Queen and C, newly returned from 3 years overseas) Chips, thanks to C, with freshly made hummus. Red lentil and vegetable curry with basmati rice, yoghurt and poppadoms. Leftover self saucing caramel puddings from last night.

Finished today:
* Toilet paper (I bought more)
* Crumpets (non replaceable)
* Red lentils (can buy more but I'll see if I can use up some other things from the bean cupboard first)
* Frozen peas (that's it for the month)
* Carrots (on the list for the next vege run)
* Red pepper (ditto)

Bought today:
* Toilet paper: $3.38
* Cat food: $1.19 (still cheaper than feeding him my tuna)
* Milk: $1.57 (cheap because they were out of organic and I was desperate for a cuppa)

Total spent since June 1: $106.85 (plus $116.84 on a dolls house)

1 comment :

m1k1 said...

As Primary Enabler on this Quest, I feel some responsibility so let me know if I should send Nibs his own tuna.