Thursday, June 19, 2008
Fiscal Fast Day Nineteen: I need(ed) a house
I just discovered this video (sorry about the lack of sync with the picture and soundtrack - if it's driving you nuts go watch a better version here which has embedding disabled) Anyone know of any other music videos which use dolls house furniture?
So yes. I bought a house. Lucky number thirteen. It's a Tomy Smaller Homes from the 70s and looks like this: It should be here in about two weeks but I won't count my chickens.
Moving right along...
Breakfast: Tea. The last crumpets, toasted, with butter and honey,
Morning Tea: Water crackers and the last of the tzatsiki.
Lunch: Foraged in the freezer and found leek and potato casserole.
Dinner: (with S The Sock Queen and C, newly returned from 3 years overseas) Chips, thanks to C, with freshly made hummus. Red lentil and vegetable curry with basmati rice, yoghurt and poppadoms. Leftover self saucing caramel puddings from last night.
* Toilet paper (I bought more)
* Crumpets (non replaceable)
* Red lentils (can buy more but I'll see if I can use up some other things from the bean cupboard first)
* Frozen peas (that's it for the month)
* Carrots (on the list for the next vege run)
* Red pepper (ditto)
* Toilet paper: $3.38
* Cat food: $1.19 (still cheaper than feeding him my tuna)
* Milk: $1.57 (cheap because they were out of organic and I was desperate for a cuppa)
Total spent since June 1: $106.85 (plus $116.84 on a dolls house)