Friday, December 28, 2012

...put a bird on it*

Still looking for the table for the Starlight scene, I came across one of the perspex tables I had made for the May Sydney Show. And a piece of scrapbooking acetate I picked up months ago.

In a flash of brilliance, I ran a length of the acetate through my Xyron 250 sticker machine (upside down) and stuck it to the bottom of the table.

It reminds me of a cross between Jodie Cunningham's work for Call of the Small, and the IKEA Vika Glasholm table.

(It was only after I took the photo that I realised one of the feet is missing from my chair. It's that sort of day...)

(*In case you don't get the reference)

10 comments :

Mad For Mod said...

Ooooooh...I love it! I like the stripes on Jodie Cunningham's too.

otterine said...

Love it!!! :D

Kyle Lefort said...

I just started watching Portlandia the other day.

Didn't even notice the desk before, but now it's art. XD

Seriously though, the acetate thing is a clever idea.

Unknown said...

Love it really unique!

Mini Dork said...

So so cool. Have you see this video?

http://www.putabirdonit.com/

AMCSviatko said...

Hi Mini Dork: Yes: and I linked to the You Tube version at the bottom of the post. :-)

studioseven said...

Such a cool DIY. I love the customization and birds are so 'of the moment.' ; )

Mini Dork said...

D'oh, sorry, I didn't see the link the first time (I should read more :P )

I'm actually from Portland, OR; the show is so funny because it's so true. These two videos are some of my favorites from the show.

Dream of the 90's is alive in Portland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVmq9dq6Nsg

Dream of the 1890's is alive in Portland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPKe9OfWs-M

:D

AMCSviatko said...

I think I'd enjoy Portlandia but almost every time I try to watch a snippet from it I find the dratted 'This can't be played in your region' notice :-(

Mini Dork said...

Aw nuts. It didn't even occur to me that the videos would be blocked due to region. That stinks! Bad internet. :(