Friday, December 28, 2012

...put a bird on it*

Still looking for the table for the Starlight scene, I came across one of the perspex tables I had made for the May Sydney Show. And a piece of scrapbooking acetate I picked up months ago.

In a flash of brilliance, I ran a length of the acetate through my Xyron 250 sticker machine (upside down) and stuck it to the bottom of the table.

It reminds me of a cross between Jodie Cunningham's work for Call of the Small, and the IKEA Vika Glasholm table.

(It was only after I took the photo that I realised one of the feet is missing from my chair. It's that sort of day...)

(*In case you don't get the reference)


Mad For Mod said...

Ooooooh...I love it! I like the stripes on Jodie Cunningham's too.

otterine said...

Love it!!! :D

Kyle Lefort said...

I just started watching Portlandia the other day.

Didn't even notice the desk before, but now it's art. XD

Seriously though, the acetate thing is a clever idea.

Mandy Vlak said...

Love it really unique!

Mini Dork said...

So so cool. Have you see this video?

The Shopping Sherpa said...

Hi Mini Dork: Yes: and I linked to the You Tube version at the bottom of the post. :-)

studioseven said...

Such a cool DIY. I love the customization and birds are so 'of the moment.' ; )

Mini Dork said...

D'oh, sorry, I didn't see the link the first time (I should read more :P )

I'm actually from Portland, OR; the show is so funny because it's so true. These two videos are some of my favorites from the show.

Dream of the 90's is alive in Portland

Dream of the 1890's is alive in Portland


The Shopping Sherpa said...

I think I'd enjoy Portlandia but almost every time I try to watch a snippet from it I find the dratted 'This can't be played in your region' notice :-(

Mini Dork said...

Aw nuts. It didn't even occur to me that the videos would be blocked due to region. That stinks! Bad internet. :(