And I can never walk past such things without having a quick peek inside to see what might need to be rescued. This caught my eye, for instance
and screamed 'bathroom window' (instead of 'rubbish' which is apparently what it screamed to its original owner...)
Using a chunk of the folder cover instead of the plain glass supplied was part of the plan.
But then I got too clever for my own good, and decided that it would look ever so much better without the muntins.Except I didn't stop to consider, before sawing them out, that they might have been notched in place. So I ended up with this:
Dammit! So close and yet so far.
I guess, if I want to rescue this, that I need to cut inserts to fit from the muntins I removed. And then paint the whole thing to try and cover the mess.
Or I could just go with the 'close enough is good enough' approach and add the new opaque panels to my other set of French doors and leave the muntins in place.
I'm not holding my breath for the second option...