Saturday, January 17, 2015

Apricot toast

The second rug is completed and set in a very unseasonal scene.
Dolls' house miniature lounge with wooden floors, egg yolk walls and a fireplace with a fire burning. On the floor is a rug in maroon, green and egg yolk and a maroon easy chair sits beside it.
The colours of the rug reminded me of the colour scheme in the study of my bay villa. And, indeed, I ended up using the chair, rug and plant from there to create a very New Zealand look.
Modern miniature egg yolk coloured wall with mantlepiece, with a variety of souvenirs from exotic travel arranged along the top.
Obviously whoever lives here is very well travelled...

4 comments :

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

What I wouldn't do for some NZ winter so I could snuggle up on that chair, my toes on that rug toasting in warmth from the fire.

My oldest miniature UFO dates from 1978 while in Auckland. Think it's time it was thrown out?

AMCSviatko said...

No! Time to finish the damned thing off!

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

First I smiled, then when I thought about it I laughed out loud. Finish it? Still laughing :))) he/she with the oldest UFO when they die, wins. Right?

Mad For Mod said...

It's very seasonally appropriate if you lived here! It looks great!