Sunday, January 04, 2015

Fade to grey

I returned to the piles of treasure on my work table and pulled out the vintage band poster card I bought in Wellington in October. Cut it up, and hit the paper stash.

Where I found this and thought I was onto something...
Selection of bright 1960s band posters arranged on a bright, zig zag-patterned wall.
But the Beach Boys poster was speaking to me so I continued on my journey through the paper stash. And found this:
Bright 1960s Beach Boys poster  on a green wall.
 Which just begged to see the return of The Yellow Table.
Bright 1960s Beach Boys poster on a green wall with a modern dolls' house miniature yellow table underneath,
 But I felt the whole this could quite easily turn into another version of the last scene I made with a bright, vintage poster.

I tried combining both paper choices (it worked before...)
Bright 1960s Beach Boys poster on a green wall with a bright zig zag-patterned floor.
 and started thinking of a basement rec room/ bar (not that we have basements in Australia).
Bright 1960s Beach Boys poster on a green wall with a bright zig zag-patterned floor. In the foreground is a vintage dolls' house miniature bar..
 But still wasn't feeling the love. So it was back to the start, but with a slightly different look.

Which got me wondering if it was time for another pop-up shop. (Mainly, it seems because this colour scheme is rather reminiscent of the last one).
Selection of bright 1960s band posters arranged on a bright, zig zag-patterned wall. Underneath is a modern doll's house miniature industrial grey storage bench.
*Sigh*.

So I gave up on everything except the industrial shelving unit. And headed back to the paper stash again,
Modern doll's house miniature industrial grey storage bench in front of a wall covered with black marble-patterned paper. On the bench is a sign saying 'Limited'.
Yes, that looks like it could work...

(And then I remembered this.)

No comments :