Saturday, January 03, 2015

Beside the seaside

Summer. And the mind turns to holidays at the coast.

This year is no different. While sorting out the piles of treasure on my work table, I found inspiration in the form of an image of tiles I'd pulled out of a magazine.

And the Roberts-style radio sent to me by Elvira.
Modern dolls house miniature tiled wall in a selection of blue and white tiles. In front of it is a miniature Roberts radio in blue.
Adding the kitchen cupboard I picked up from the ACTME show in March, the side of a box from the Typo NQR table for the floor and one of my french cafe chairs pulled things together.
Modern dolls house miniature kitchen scene with a white glass-fronted cupboard full of crockery in front of a wall tiled with various blue and white tiles. Next to teh cupboard is a french cafe chair and on top is a tureen, a giant ornamental biscuit and a Roberts-style radio in blue.
Then all I needed to do was fill the cupboard and take the photo. Oh: and put everything away *ahem*.

2 comments :

Kristine PaperDollMiniatures said...

It's always nice seeing your quick mini scenes show up on my dash. :) These tiles are so pretty, they instantly make me think of somewhere coastal. I like the colours in the dishes too its a nice mix with the blues. And I'm surprised at just how well that modern chair fits right in. Over all a perfect mix :)

Ronda said...

I love the radio! Great scene. :)