Monday, April 28, 2008

Material pleasures

I was a lucky girl indeed this weekend, starting on Thursday (yes I know Thursday's not really the weekend but since Friday was a public holiday I'm taking poetic licence) when I found this at Vinnies in Chatswood:Pure cotton, $3 for a single sheet and pillowcase. I'm trying to decide if that's John Taylor or Mark Knofler...

They also had a MIP 1970s purple flowery king sized sheet set (with two fitted sheets - how weird is that?) but wanted $30 for it. Since it was polycotton (and very expensive) I left it behind.

On Saturday The Duchess of Mosmania gave me a couple of lengths of fabric out of her trunk plus a couple of good classic Vogue patterns (yes, we actually managed to pull ourselves away from various generations of Star Trek!)Then, on Sunday, Taph came round with this beautiful pile of barkcloth which she said wanted to live with me, not her...I wasn't about to argue.

But that wasn't all she had for me! She also gave me a vintage Terence Conran soft furnishings book (she knows how much I love
Conran and has been listening to me banging on about wanting this book), 4 old Martha Stewart Living mags (which will be read and passed on) plus a long length of cream fringing.

I'm trying to decide if this is my favorite piece:or this:And for your material pleasure (as it were) a sneak preview of my Mothers' Day range of Groovy Green bags. I'll let you know when they're up in my
Made It store.

4 comments :

m1k1 said...

A fine haul for one lonnng weekend.

Anonymous said...

John Taylor. Definitely. :)
Love that barkcloth. The dogwood blossom piece looks intriguing, too.

Taphophile said...

Mark Knopfler but probably because of a recent "Princess Bride" ingestion.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous barkcloth. I think my favourite is definitely the wonderfully blousy flowers (chrysanthemums?).