Monday, April 14, 2008

While I was out tonight

at Northside S'n'B, there was a whole lotta spinning and weaving happening back at Chateau TSS: In fact this bloody great spider had decided to build a web right across the driveway from the hedge to the car, pretty much blocking off the house from the street.I had to edge down the side of the car to get inside to grab my camera. Which probably pissed him off no end: his plot, I'm sure, was to catch me for tea.

I think I prefered my last little brown visitor...
(PS: See I do use a flash sometimes!)

4 comments :

Taphophile said...

Oh, what a pretty spider!

ninaribena said...

Holy crap that is a scary spider! I wouldn't be inviting that one to stay for tea at my place.

Anonymous said...

Good heavens, that is one mighty nasty looking spider - how big was the beastie?

AMCSviatko said...

He was HUGE! MASSIVE!!!

Ok, getting back to reality, probably about 2 inches long. I'm guessing he's a bitey spider as most critters in Australia are either bitey or stingy. Except The Huntsman spider which really is huge and massive and looks a bit like a teddy bear with eight extra appendages...