Thursday, August 19, 2010

Rulers of the world unite!

I appear to have a new collection, but hopefully only a transient one.

For a slightly new direction on an old project I suddenly felt the need to track down a supply of vintage wooden rulers. The first few were easy enough, but I suspect things are about to get a lot harder.

*sigh*

Perhaps I'll have to rejig my parameters and use new wooden rulers from Hot Dollar, battered about enough to look vintage. It just won't be the same, though...

(Do you think I need to start a new subject category The great vintage ruler challenge?)

6 comments :

Kerry said...

I wish I still had my old wooden school ruler. It was a souvernir one from Rotorua, with illustrations of boiling mudpools and dusky Maori maidens swinging their poi.
I will keep an eye for rulers.

Kirsty said...

These are gorgeous. Good luck with the search for more.

happyspider said...

My school is 51 this year. I'll have a stealthy scrounge around - maybe you can swap me for those top dollar ones? ;)

Rosalind said...

You should find some at the YMCA garage sale they have a couple times a year. I got a big 1m ruler at Yarralumla

AMCSviatko said...

Alas I'm not able to go to the next garage sale: I did look hopeful and ask the lady behind the counter at Ys Buys if they had anymore but she didn't suggest she could see what they had at the storage shed.

And Happy Spider: that would be wonderful. I'd happily stretch to plastic ones if that's preferable...

Di said...

I have one you're welcome to and every bit counts!