Sunday, August 08, 2010

To market to market

With Rooruu in town for the Quilt Show (and pretend grumbling about the fact we hadn't arranged the exhibition opening to coincide) there was a mini bloggy meet up this morning.

This time I introduced her to Trash and Treasure, where I accidentally spent this week's grocery money on a number of treasures (with much encouragement from beside me) including the find of the year: a vintage laminate top table. In grey. For $20.

But wait! It gets better...It folds up!
So it's perfect as an extra work surface in my studio when needed, and able to be tucked away when not...Other treasures that followed me home: (Doll's hutch dresser: $5, doll's size sewing basket: $2, giant metal nut container: $5, 2 vintage rulers: $3, vintage snakes and ladders board: 30 cents (that was actually from Ys Buys), sewing machine accessories box: $2, record cabinet: $7 (from a blog reader! *waves*), Dover books, reading and writing clip art book: $2, vintage music case: $10)

(I'm feeling all very Fresh Vintage, being able to take a shot like this)

And here's a picture of the top of the sewing machine accessories box:Love that lettering!

After our Trash and Treasure adventures we recovered with
the best brunch deal in town (without the champagne, alas...), where Rooruu gave me this:a giant bag of black and white goodness. I felt very very spoilt (and particularly excited to see a book I talked myself out of buying a couple of weeks ago...)

3 comments :

Sarah said...

So many great treasures-especially the table. Lovely bag of presents at the end too-lucky you!

Kerry said...

Wow - love the blue dolls hutch, and with a bunny sticker on, it's two kinds of 'hutch'. Great finds - makes me feel like heading to Camberwell this weekend. Haven't done that for ages...

cindy said...

*Reader who sold one of the items waves back*
Thanks for your purchase and convo on the day--I hope the treasure works just as you'd planned!