Monday, November 21, 2016

Final photos

Believe it or not, there are still things about convention that I've not covered...

1. Convention dinner gifites

Always something to look forward to. We each got a copy of New Zealand's smallest history book (full printed inside, of course!)
Hand holding a one-twelfth scale book titled 'New Zealand's smallest history'
and a teeny weeny model of a boy in a plane (by Jewel Lewis, based on a photo of one of her grandchildren)
Ornament of a boy in a pedal plane, with a miniature book next to it. A hand shows scale.
There was a scavenger game, and everyone received a one-twelfth-scale chocolate fish as a prize.
Name tag for NZAME convention 2016, with a tiny chocolate fish on a backing paper printed with a 'winner' rosette.
2. Workshops

I was only booked in for one, the tea trolley by Alison Ede (the 1940s armchair by Inge Veale [PDF link] was full by the time I got my application in, sadly).
Components of a one-twelfth scale tea trolley kit laid out on the instruction sheet. Around the edges are the tools needed for the project.
It was a quick build, even though my miniature-building skills were feeling quite rusty.
A half-finished one-twelfth scale tea trolley sitting on the instruction sheet.
I didn't finish it as I wanted to paint it when I got home. Of course I'm still trying to decide if it should be black. Or white. Or stained... *sigh*

My workshop was held upstairs in the cafe building. Others were luckier with their location: their workshops were held in a hangar!
Group of people doing workshops in a hangar, with a bus in the far corner and a plane hanging above them.
Group of people doing workshops in a hangar. In the middle one woman smiles broadly at the camera.
It was a great convention, and I'm already planning my trip to convention 2018 ('Shop 'til you drop') in Palmerston North.
View of the sales and display hall of a miniature convention, set in a hangar.
Oh, and if you're not photoed out, I'm loading some more general pictures to my NZAME convention 2016 FLICKR folder.

3 comments :

kittyandkatminiatures said...

Regarding the cart, I could see it black gloss. Or the frame gloss white and the tray parts just clear coated wood.

Pepper said...

Bloody Blogger has knocked your blog off my reading list and I hadn't realised - I was actually wondering why you hadn't posted in so long. Well at least I have some reading to do over lunch today.
I'd like to see the tea trolley stained but I'm guessing your hand is hovering over the black spray can ;0P

AMCSviatko said...

Kitty and Kat: Damn! Another excellent suggestion. Although doing it now will be a bit tricky...

Pepper: Can you pull the RRS feeds into your email program? I do that through Outlook, as after Bloglines 'retired' I wanted control of my feeds...
Also, stained is feeling good, especially as I already have a black trolley :-)