Friday, June 18, 2010

I forgot to eat the blue cheese

Canberra Museum and Gallery has great openings. The blue cheese on the cheese platters seems to be particularly popular with people, as I have discovered by many an overheard conversation across the food table ("Look! Someone hid the blue cheese under the crackers." "There's more blue cheese on the next platter" or (my favourite) "Damn! They're out of blue cheese: it must be time to leave...")

Tonight I didn't make it to the blue cheese at all. My friend and I "just" popped in to have a look at the new exhibition Something in the Air: Collage and assemblage in Canberra region art and staggered out a long time later, impressed, overwhelmed and buzzing with ideas.

It helped a lot that there were miniature buildings. No pictures from tonight online yet but here are some other pieces by the artist, Alex Asch:
(From kyrresu) (From rikrak)(From superciliousness)


*Sigh* I have a big crush and I haven't even clapped eyes on the chap...

(Something in the Air: Collage and assemblage in Canberra region art runs through to October 10 so you could pop in and drool on the buildings while you're in the area for my exhibition opening in August)

No comments :