Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Miniatures from Melbourne

I finally pulled out the "miniatures" I bought in Melbourne and took some photos, trying out the macro setting on my new camera. The quote marks are because none of these items were designed as dolls' house miniatures:A hand magnet from the NGV gift shop ($7.95), a metal jewellery hanger from corky saint clair ($20) and a necklace piece from The Cat's Meow, chain removed ($10).
Laser cut tree from corky saint clair ($12), display shelf from Savers ($3.99: I plan to refinish it) and business card/ dolls' house poster from Sticky Institute (free).

If you've used something in your miniature scene that wasn't originally designed for miniature use, I'd love to hear about it...

6 comments :

m1k1 said...

However you probably aren't interested in the pink textured velour stuff I got from the teddy bear supply shop to make carpet for my floozie's bedroom, though?

Taphophile said...

A miniature bordello? Do tell, Jen.

Taphophile said...

Seriously, the security word for my last comment was "isock"!

callsmall said...

I used a Chilewich placemat for two different wall effects in two different houses http://call-small.blogspot.com/2010/05/great-small-experiment.html. There's more re-purposing, but this is one of the most recent :)

Barb said...

I love that little tree.

This window shade is part of a Sushi rolling mat from the asian food mart.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_VwMTi2sZHlE/TAbCu4pApfI/AAAAAAAAAEE/JszzExvvOtU/s1600/IMG_1010.JPG

Barb said...

Oops, can't link to that. It's the photo in the June 1 blog entry:
http://flying-piglet.blogspot.com/

Love your blog!