Thursday, December 26, 2019

I scoped it out

So it took a while, but a good part of that was that (after I got the instructions clear in my head) the pieces were luxuriating in a egg-cup bath of vinegar for a day to make them look suitably aged.

Once that was complete, I did a little sanding and voila!
1/12 miniature scene of a windowsill overlooking the sea. On the windowsill is a metal globe, a stack of old books, a blue jug and an old telescope.
(OK, OK, it's only blog ready as I've not yet glued anything together, or made the lens. But if I'd not told you, you never would have noticed, right?)

2 comments :

elizabeth s said...

Your nautical window scene is calling out to me. I LOVE the way your spyglass turned out- WELL DONE!

AMCSviatko said...

Why thank you: it's only now I realise I didn't add any shells to it as I'd planned...