Sunday, December 15, 2019

(Almost) The half-way point...

...and the back of one of yesterday's op-shopped box frames called to me as it sat on my worktable.

So I decided to see what we could come up with (after spending 20 minutes or so having a wee unexpected nap on the sofa: I love the summer break!).

I'd spotted the gold and white striped Lundby lidded bowl in stash last week when rummaging for kitchenware for the asian market-stall scene, and had made a mental note that it could come in useful if I decided to make one of my 'I don't do Christmas, but...' scenes. Especially since Kat had sent me a couple of toning miniature table-top trees in her swap parcel.

It seemed like an easy solution for today's need for a quick blog post solution with little brain to set to the task.
1/12 scale modern miniature tabletop scene in cream and brown containing a tiny bottlebrush Christmas tree, a lidded bowl with gold and white stripes, wooden blocks with the numbers '1' and '5' on them, and an empty dollshouse.
I was particularly pleased when I spotted the number blocks I bought at the 2017 ACTME show, and thought to use them to show the date, and liked the idea of including an empty dolls' house (from Dollhousedesign) to signify the Daily Dolls' House December challenge.

(I'm now a bit concerned that I'll come to the conclusion that it's a brilliant idea to try and include the date and/ or a dolls' house in every post for the rest of the month!)
1/12 scale modern miniature tabletop scene in cream and brown containing a tiny bottlebrush Christmas tree, a lidded bowl with gold and white stripes, wooden blocks with the numbers '1' and '5' on them, and an empty dollshouse. Above it on the wall is a wallhanging that says 'Be bold or italic, never regular'
The banner is from JHD design, bought at the Wellington Underground markets, and I made the 'cut-glass' bottles from some edging I bought at Pete's Emporium, also in Wellington.
1/12 scale modern miniature cupboard-top scene in cream and brown containing a tiny bottlebrush Christmas tree, a lidded bowl with gold and white stripes, wooden blocks with the numbers '1' and '5' on them, and an empty dollshouse. Above it on the wall is a wallhanging that says 'Be bold or italic, never regular' and to the right, a black wooden chair with a cream fluffy heart-shaped cushion on it.
As for the rest of the scene: the low cupboard/ coffee table unit was in the same swap parcel from Kat.  The chair is by minisx2: last seen back in 2005. The basket is Rement. And the carpet square and heart-shaped cushion were both Daiso finds...

No comments :