Saturday, December 28, 2019

This ship has sailed (The Saturday shelfie)

Back in August, I placed my Lori Ballet Studio on my desk, above my laptop, and in direct line of sight in the hope that it might cause enough inspiration to make me find time in my life for miniatures.

It worked (sort of, and much later than I'd hoped) but this week I've found that it's been sitting there taunting me as I sort out other parts of my life that were long neglected as I packed and moved last year.

'Bloody hell', I finally declared around 3pm.'It's Saturday. Do a quick shelfie of the kitchen. Blog it. Then you'll be done and dusted for the day and can go back to sorting out your files...'

So I did:
1/12 scale modern miniature scene of a kitchen bench with a fold-down toaster, chopping board and bowl of fruit on it. On the shelf above are two containers of tea, a cannister of sugar, a packet of Weet-Bix and a half-used jar of jam.
 (Of course, you know what happened next...)
1/12 scale modern miniature scene of a kitchen bench with a fold-down toaster, chopping board and bowl of fruit on it. Next to the sink is a glass, a scourer, a sponge and a bottle of washing-up liquid. On the shelf above are two containers of tea, a cannister of sugar, a packet of Weet-Bix, a half-used jar of jam, a jar of vegenite, a packet of Sao crackers and a packet of Lemon crisp biscuits, a box of barley sugars, a salt and pepper grinder, a tomato-shaped tomato sauce bottle, a jar of spaghetti and a cask of red wine.
 I finished the kitchen.
1/12 scale modern miniature vintage table with a plate of scrambled eggs, a knife and fork and a large mug of tea on it, In the background is a kitchen with a stove on which there is a kettle and a fry pan with an egg slice balanced on it.
 Then I finished the lounge.
1/12 scale modern miniature lounge scene with two mid-century modern armchairs in grey with dark stained arms and legs, an early twentieth century cupboard, a battered sea chest and afghan rug on the floor. On the wall is a framed picutre of a boat and an abstract landscape. On the windowsill is a globe, several piles of books, some shells, a telescope and a flat-screen TV.
 (Deciding that it's much easier for my sailor to live in the present day...)
1/12 scale modern miniature windowsill over looking the sea. On the windowsill is a globe, a flat-screen TV, a vintage telescope, several piles of books and a number of shells.
 And I think I'm done. 
1/12 scale modern miniature scene of a kitchen and lounge in a flat overlooking the sea.
(Although there's a small voice in my head suggesting that my sailor might be due to die, and then his daughter take over the space...)

No comments :