Monday, December 23, 2019

Make do and mend Monday: watery thoughts

Yesterday, with the printer hooked up for the first time in over a year, I tested out making a view for my sailor. And what a difference it makes to his flat!
1/12 scale miniature living room scene with an antique cupboard, afghan rug and sea chest. The windows have a view over the sea, and on the windowsill stands a globe.
This morning, in the shower, I was ruminating on what today's blog post would be. The view, obviously (and that would hit the mark for a daily post), but since it was Monday, perhaps I should make something...

And my clever brain piped up (water... geddit?) and suggested that now the sailor has a view of the sea, perhaps he'd like a telescope to look at it. And reminded me that I had just the kit in stash (which I'd completely forgotten about until then, and have no idea where I got it from!). Clever brain also thought the sailor might like some shells, and perhaps now was a good time to use the ones I picked up almost three years ago?
1/12 scale brass telescope kit next to five small jars of tiny shells. A hand is picking up one of the jars.
So with a plan firmly in place, I unpacked the kit pieces and started reading the instructions. 'Paint the aluminium strip gold'. I look at the pieces of kit and can't see any aluminium strip.
Pieces of a 1/12 scale miniature kit laid out neatly on a small tray next to a pair of tweezers. Next to the tray is a set of instructions for the kit.
Perhaps I'll have brunch first and come back to this later?

No comments :