Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Feline hopeful

One-twelfth scale modern miniature scene of a bathroom with an empty cat carrier, cat basket, food and water bowl and cat tree.
Over the summer break I started wondering if it was time to consider bringing a cat back into my life.

Not a full-time feline flatmate (I still can't justify the potential expense, or forcing it to spend the rest of its life as an indoor cat sharing my small space), but on a temporary basis.

So I applied to be a foster carer for the local RSPCA. I'm not sure if they'd consider me because, although their information pack says I have to have my own transport 'to get to them in case of an emergency', I rather suspect their intent is that it's a car, so I can take the cat or kitten with me.

This scene is of an imagined version of my bathroom, with more room and no window, and was inspired by a recent trip to Kmart where I spotted their Pet care mini doll playsets (one for dogs and one for cats) marked down to $5 each.

The dog set had the perfect cat carrier as it came, but the cat set had way too much pink for my liking, so after a lunchtime visit to the garage for a spot of spray painting and some other gussying up after the paint had dried (enough!) after work, I had this:
One-twelfth scale modern miniature cat tree
Which I'm rather pleased with. You could say it's the cat's whiskers!

No comments :