Sunday, January 28, 2024

Sunday fun day: playing swapsies

Remember last weekend when I bought my first 2 Miniverse Lifestyle balls, and was disappointed that they contained a candle and a fishbowl?

During the week I did some research on the secondary market, joined a Facebook buy, sell and swap group (and learnt the names of the items I had, and, more importantly, the items I wanted) and this afternoon my work bore fruit, as someone the next suburb over from me listed the Blue Tan fish and bowl as something they were after, and the barrel cactus as something they had spare.

Ziplock back containing a Miniverse Lifestyle miniature cactus, stand, trowel and bag of 'potting mix'.
Now I need to do some more research to discover if that sort of cactus grown to that size proportionally in real life: if not I think I'll be able to use the stand and basket and 'potting mix' to 'plant' something else.

And based on this experience, I'm more likely to buy a couple more balls when Kmart gets them back in stock because the chances of being able to swap them if they're not what I want seems to be quite high.

No comments :