Saturday, January 13, 2024

Saturday: sorting it out

The best use of time when starting a kit is to sort out all the bits and bobs into separate bags or containers for each part of the kit, not just to make sure you've got all the bits, but also to help make life easier for future you by having each component together and ready to go and gaining an understanding of what all the pieces are, and how they fit together.

And that's what I did today: slowly, because of the heat, but also enjoyably because the gentle rhythm of sorting out a (potential) mess sooths my inner librarian.

Small plastic tray filled with ziplock bags containing pieces for a one-twelfth scale modern miniature kitchen, and the instruction book open in front of it.
I now have one (large) ziplock bag containing the pieces for the base and cover, which I'll be tucking away in my studio cupboard for possible future use (for example, if I ever display at a miniature show again, it could be useful to keep sticky-fingered people at bay), the kitchen bench unit I made back in May 2021 which needs to be repaired and completed. and a tray full of kits pieces for the accessories.

Some of which I'm not terribly excited by,
One-twelfth scale modern miniature kit pieces for a vase and flowers, chopping board, knife and apples, steak dinner, toaster and grocery bag.
and some of which I am,
Kit pieces for 2 one-twelfth scale miniature bar stools with the instructions to put them together,
not only because I like the competed pieces but also (and possibly more so) because the kit includes the jig pieces which I can use to make more stools in the future if I want to.

2 comments :

Shannon said...

Good to see you posting again. Sometimes all it takes to get your mini mojo back is to start small, like organising what you have, and something will spark. I too have had little interest in minis the last 12+ months - but it has been nice to enjoy a few other hobbies during that time.

AMCSviatko said...

Hi Shannon

Lovely to hear from you and you're quite right.
And sorry to hear you've lost your mini mojo over the past year: hopefully it'll wander back home eventually.