Monday, January 08, 2024

Monday make, do and mend

Trying to relearn my old rhythm I figured I'd start this week with a make, do and mend post, which would have the added bonus of clearing some more space from the shelves above my desk (always a good idea to bring a reward system into play when introducing new or reintroducing old habits, don't you find?)

Because I rediscovered a storage box with just 3 things in it: the Smart car and bath that were damaged on return from the Doll House: Miniature Worlds of Wonder exhibition in February last year, and one of the wire tables I bought from Daiso way back in 2016 which just needed to be cut down.
Flat lay of an empty storage box on a cutting mat with a one-twelfth scale modern miniature smart car, bath and round wire table on it.
And using make, do and mend Monday math, 1 box with 3 items in it plus x mending equals 1 empty box and 1 happy heart!

Because the broken wing mirror and bath tap were so finickity I decided to try using a new-to-me glue that I'd bought a while ago and forgotten about until I started cleaning out my tool cart over the weekend:
Packet of Kintsuglue next to a one-twelfth scale modern miniature bath.
(And wish I'd remembered I had sooner, as when I broke my favourite full-sized vase during COVID and considered trying the art of kintsugi to mend it, it just seemed all too hard so I ended up throwing it out).

I need to leave the Kintsuglue to set overnight, and look forward to seeing what the result is tomorrow.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Reading about you fixing things and taking up your craft again has been very inspiring - thank you!

AMCSviatko said...

Thank you Anonymous: and long may it last this time round :-)