Monday, January 15, 2024

Monday make, do and mend

 Alas, one of the problems with a spot of studio archaeology is that it often kicks up some extra mending to fill up that space you so gleefully emptied not that long ago.

Flat lay of a collection of modern miniatures in need of some mending, including several pieces of art, a chair, a school desk and a floor lamp.
(At least this lot are rather nicely colour coordinated and I have exactly the right glue to (hopefully) mend most of them).

But that's a bit boring for you, the reader. So how about I send you on a wee adventure to see the scenes they came from while we wait for the glue to dry?

First up, on the top left, there's one of my Rosalie Gascoignesque pieces that I created in the children's room of the Goulburn Regional Art Gallery on a visit in 2015, and which I used in a miniature woodworking gallery shop when I returned home:
One-twelfth scale modern dolls' house miniature gallery, showing various wooden furniture and homeware pieces displayed on plinths, in a glass-fronted  cupboard, and on the wall.
Next is important-looking chap, who I picked up for free at the last Sydney Miniatures & Dollhouse Fair I attended, and then used in a shelfie scene which I instagrammed but never blogged:
One-twelfth scale shelfie with several maritime-themed pieces of artwork on the wall and toning ornaments on the shelf below.
(and who, at one stage, I did some research on, and have completely forgotten who he is supposed to be!)

The New York shopping bag in the (broken) box frame is from one of the scenes I made of a seaside shack holiday home: this one from 2017:
One-twelfth scale modern miniature lounge with a gallery wall of heart pictures above a fireplace. In front of the fireplace is a grey velvet sectional sofa with a rustic wooden sideboard behind it holding a sailboat model and a lamp.
The Brio Arne Jacobsen ant chair seems to have last popped up in 2008:
3/4 inch scale modern dolls house miniature study with Arne Jacobsen shelving and chair.

3/4 inch scale modern dolls house miniature study with Arne Jacobsen shelving, chairs and table.
Surely it can't have been broken all this time?

Next is a Japanese kit of a school desk: last mention I can find of it at this stage is when I completed it back in 2013. (Which can't be right? I'll check and correct this if I'm wrong...)

I know for sure that the last piece on this week's list for repair was broken on its return from CMAG's Playing House exhibition, which ran from late 2008 to early 2009. It's from my late 1950s Lundby house, my earliest.
3/4 scale Lundby dolls house miniature reading nook with book shelf, chaise lounge and floor lamp.

No comments :