Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A typical Tuesday in the office

I was actually in the office all day today which makes a nice change after a couple of days of racing round. I pulled all the scrappy bits of paper I'd amassed with stuff to do on them into one pile and pretty much just started at the top and worked my way down so I'm feeling much more in control and the office is looking much less like a bomb exploded in a paper factory.

Had another famous (and delicious) Staff Cafeteria 10 minute meal for lunch: Zucchini, sun dried tomato and olive pasta (serves 1)

60g shell pasta (or penne, or fettucine depending on what you've got in the cupboard)
1 zucchini
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, chopped (plus 1 Tbspn of the oil)
1/4 cup chopped black olives
Freshly ground black pepper
Parmesan cheese

1. Put the pasta on to cook.

2. Meanwhile, slice the ends off the zucchini. Cut in quarters lengthwise, then in half crosswise. Take each section and thinly slice lengthwise into ribbons.

3. Spray a non stick fry pan with oil. Fry zucchini (with lid on) until tender and slightly browned. Add chopped sun dried tomatoes, olives and the tomato oil. Stir to combine and cook till heated through.

4. Drain pasta and combine with the zucchini mixture. Season with black pepper and serve with curls of parmesan cheese.

And, finally, here's a mid afternoon picture of my office mascot who doesn't quite understand why I can be at home but ignoring him completely...So how was your day?

(Listening to: Madonna,
Confessions on a dance floor)

1 comment :

createacraft said...

mostly family reunions.. in my day..
because I am off from work..
well I like this recipe..,
and you commented about the cigarette rolls.. it is not the same taste at all..
and of course we want to stay healty.. but sometimes.. we have to enjoy.. food.. as it is.. no??