Monday, October 16, 2006

Wubba wubba - a random braindead post

It's been a busy and brain-drainy day today with a couple of bits of good news to add sparkle - Princess B accepted a new job (hurrah!) and I discovered that we're getting a Deeks in Dickson (hurrah! on behalf of Princess B the gluten intolerant).

I managed to make it to two Vinnies at lunch time (to make up for the withdrawal symptoms of the weekend) and spent my last $7.90 on the little pile above. Cassettes: 50 cents each (as always), wool: $5 for 5 balls, book: $1 and three zips: 30 cents each. I think my next bag creation may have a zippered inside pocket...

I didn't manage to make it to the gym (unfortunately the story of my life these days) but instead have decided I'd be much happier collapsing on the couch in an exhausted heap and watching something mindless. Perhaps Absolute Beginners, which my flatmate made me leave halfway through when we went to see it at the movies when it was first released. This makes it the only movie I've ever walked out on.

(Listening to: Charlie Hunter Trio, Bing, Bing, Bing!)

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi, i came across you on whip up and i see you like dolls houses, like moi.... I been looking at this site for a couple of years now and just love it, thought you might not of seen it before...? or maybe you have!
http://www.mydollshouse.me.uk/jubintro.html

AMCSviatko said...

Hi Wendy

No, that's a new one for me. I like how they are trying to make all the details authentic...

Taphophile said...

If one was to walk out on a movie, Absolute Beginners would be it. I know I should have.

Good buys at Vinnies. :)