Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Shattered

One souvenir that didn't make it home:Unfortunately one that did was a stinking head cold that pretty much everyone on the ship was given as part of their holiday package. Lovely. Mine was the deluxe edition with added nosebleeds.

I'm also at that "back from holidays" stage where I wake up and have no idea where I am until it slowly dawns that perhaps I'm not at some weird hotel which supplies room service cats but rather at home and that the fluffy creature snuggled up beside me is my own.

Gotta love it.

6 comments :

m1k1 said...

I give up. What was it before it was shards?
Home cats are the best cats.

Janet McKinney said...

Welcome home. I am sorry you have the cold - try not to share it around Canberra hey!

Yeah - what was it???

Janet

Taphophile said...

Nice that you go first class, even with illness! Bet Nibbs was glad to see you.

Welcome home. :)

AMCSviatko said...

It was a very cool modernist vase/ sculpture thingy. I should have put it in my carry on but instead I packed all the wooden and woven things in there for ease of access at Aussie customs and wouldn't you know it, they passed me through with nary a flicker of interest.

I've emailed the place I bought it in the hope there's another they can post me...

Janet McKinney said...

Bummer - but I am glad you didn't have trouble at customs. Something to do with declaring everything and making it readily available I suspect.

Janet

Michelle said...

Welcome home! Hope it was a great trip, even without the broken vase and dreadful head cold.