Monday, February 02, 2009

Monday munching

First up, if you're a slightly homesick Kiwi in Canberra get ye to Sam's Warehouse (ex The Warehouse) in Phillip where you shall be able to feast thy eyes on this:I was so intent on the very cheap penne pasta across the aisle that it took me a moment to realise that it wasn't usual to see such a thing in Australia. Unless it was at ridiculously marked up prices.

I bought
Krispies ($1.59 a packet), Afghans ($2.59 a packet) and Meal Mates (can't remember how much and the wrapper is now in the bin as I delighted in having meal mates with cheese and cherry tomatoes for afternoon tea today.)

In other food related news the zucchini glut is being dealt with. I made zucchini parmesan fritters yesterday (one lot to eat right away, six lots for the freezer) and zucchini and sundried tomato risotto today (one lot for lunch, five lots for the freezer). Tonight I'm thinking of making some ratatouille. Or maybe I'll save the pleasure of cooking that for lunch tomorrow and just eat Meal Mates and cheese for dinner while reading my latest book and knitting that damned vest...

3 comments :

AnnieMcG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AnnieMcG said...

Yummo - was there any Jaffa Thins? Did you leave any Krispies for us?

AMCSviatko said...

Yes, I think I saw Jaffa Thins and I was strong and only bought one packet of Krispies so there should be plenty left...