Friday, February 13, 2009

Sometimes too much of a good thing can be... too much.

I'm talking about culture here.

After spending some time yesterday morning sketching, I trotted off to The National Library at lunchtime to see their free screening of Ronin Film's documentary Why Me?: stories from the stolen generation.

By 5:30pm I was at the Canberra Museum and Gallery's opening for the travelling Ocean to Outback exhibition. We also popped into the Open Collection area to view the staff collections on display and M, bless him, sidled up to me and whispered "The dolls' houses were much more interesting..."

And if that wasn't enough, after the opening was over we picked up some takeaway and settled in at The Fringe Festival until the cold and the bad sound drove us homeward at a time far too late to be out on a school night.

And now I think my poor brain has gone into meltdown. Luckily today's a quiet day with the highlights being a combined Black Friday/ Library Lovers' Day morning tea at work. And an early night...

No comments :