Friday, February 26, 2010

The Time Traveler's Wife: the perfect movie?

Taph and I went to see The Time Traveler's Wife last night at ANU Film Group. I'd already seen most of it on my flight back from New Zealand but it's not the same on the small screen.

And how did we love it? Let me count the ways:

* It's based on a book (always a good start)
* The main character is a Librarian
* A hot Librarian who gets naked in the stacks.
* There's knitting (points off for the fact it pretty much looked like commercially made knitting and for not having anyone actually knitting during the movie. Except Taph, in the seat next to me, that is...)
* And op/ thrift shopping: but alas, only implied (a Salvation Army van is seen delivering some furniture to their apartment)

But that made us think: we have the Yarn-o-meter rating system for films. But what about adding a Thrift-o-meter?

1 comment :

Cherry ・ チェリー ・ 체리  said...

It's your perfect movie!! :O

It's on my list of movies to see, Ive heard its good too :)