Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Captivated by cardboard

It started with this post.

Then I saw this photo of
Hattie Newman's work on The Art Room Plant: and Katherine Belsey's pop up paper IKEA house on IKEA Hacker:which reminded me of a picture of vivi hack's work I saved from SeeHearSay a while back:Then I discovered the Houses of Blood and Rapture exhibition at Hand Held Gallery in Melbourne: And, finally, I spotted this on Design for Mankind last week:
A retail fit out by Belenko!. Yes, I know it's not cardboard but between that and the vivi hack work above I'm thinking of making the gallery for Call of the Small* out of plain cardboard and just drawing the architectural details onto it...

(*Thanks, as always, to the real Call of the Small for the use of her name)


The House of Lisa said...

Nice interior!

Ampersand Duck said...

Yes! That will make the reality of the works just POP. Don't forget that I have that cardboard printing press :)