Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A cardboard cutout

Walls!
Modern dolls' house miniature cafe, half built with furniture arranged in a cardboard room.
Table and chairs,
Modern dolls' house miniature cafe, half built with mock up of a table and chairs set up.
bench seating, pillar and radiator,
Modern dolls' house miniature cafe, half built with mock up of a window seating and a radiator set up.
and a quiet corner.
Modern dolls' house miniature cafe, half built with mock up of a window seating and a corner chair set up.
The front (without a slope on the laneway):
Modern dolls' house miniature cafe, half built with the front added and tables and stools outside.
And again, with a slope:
Modern dolls' house miniature cafe, half built with the front added and tables and stools outside. The paving outside is on  a slope.
Which to chose?

On one hand, I like the idea of using the window sills as a ledge to support the table tops (possibly having them hinged so they can be put away at night. Which I couldn't do if I added a slope to the laneway:)
Modern dolls' house miniature cafe, half built, with a mock up of a sloping laneway outside and a large gap between the top of the stools and the table.
On the other hand, I suspect having the added detail of the slope will add an extra 'zing' to the look of the final piece...

I'll continue to mull the decision over while I work on some other things.

4 comments :

Pepper said...

Hmm, slope sounds more interesting but harder. I like the look of the cafe front =0)
Oh, the kit came yesterday. Yours arrived yet?

AMCSviatko said...

I know. But got to impress those judges you know ;-)

Great to hear your kit's arrived. Hoping mine holds off for a while yet as I need to get the café finished and start on my Lundby hacking (not to mention this weekend's show plus the May issue of The tiny Times) before I can focus on it...

Mad For Mod said...

The slope might be a little difficult for the diners to sit at the table without falling off their chairs, but I do like the look of it. I'm so glad you are doing the CC 2015 build-blog!

Mad For Mod said...

By the way I love your new picture! I little Andy Warhol.