This morning I unpacked this week's kit (and cut out the tea bag printies).I was pleased to see that the kit included a couple of extra pieces in case of breakage (always a good thing, particularly as it usually guarantees no unexpected disasters!)
Remembering the last kit of Adelaide's I put together reminded me of the most excellent woodstain pens she'd picked up from The Reject Shop. And since I wanted my 'TBAG box' to be brown, I headed out to track down my very own set.
With no luck. After four discount shops, one discount department store and two hardware stores, I finally found something much more expensive but which might just do (and, for miniature work, end up being a bargain if I just hack off very small pieces for each project: I'll get back to you on that...)
Using one of the included gloves, I stained one side of the kit pieces.
And, while waiting for them to dry, started work on part two of the project: a miniature version of the Trevor Dickinson Canberra bus shelter mug (Trevor had been kind enough to send me the artwork after I promised solemnly that I'd only ever make one of them in miniature).
But I wasn't happy with the end result,
and decided to 'dumb it down' and try again with a photographic print glued onto another mug (at which stage I discovered that my usual trick of running it through the Xyron and slapping it on did not work, and so resorted to Weldbond,)