Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A testing time

While the second coat of varnish was drying on my cafe front this morning, I ducked out to run a couple of errands.

First stop was Officeworks, where I got my front window signs printed onto overhead projector plastic:
Modern dolls' house miniature window sign which says 'You've found our secret! Hideout cafe"
(A test that worked out beautifully and cheaply).

Then the hardware store to buy a test pot of paint. I'm checking if I can cover the front wall of the cafe with sandpaper and then paint it.
A sample iece of cardboard and a sample piece of sandpaper, both painted with cream paint, laid out to dry.
 I'm also checking out the two cans of granite paint I have to see which would look better for my foundation (once they're dry I'll also see if I can paint over it with the cream).
Two sample pieces of carboard, painted with different brands of concrete-looking paint.
Now I'm off to cut the floor to fit, and make a radiator...
Dolls' house miniature kitset radiator pieces on a miniature wooden floor.

2 comments :

elbey said...

Hi, have you tried adding sand (or salt) to your paint to get the rough finish , might work ?

AMCSviatko said...

Thanks for the tip, elbey. I'd thought of that but figured I'd try the other options first...